- It is Plug and Play
- Connect it to your meters and the data instantly begins to show up in the database
- You can have an unlimited number of sites that are metered and your data shows up in your EKM Push account.
- Much better if you want to have iPhone or mobile applications. They can access this EKM Push data.
- More stable, the EKM Push hardware is better than the iSerial
- Reads once a minute (a disadvantage if you want more frequent reads)
- You can read your meters as often as you want
- You are in full control of the data
- Each remote network on the internet that the iserial is installed on has to be setup. The port in the firewall has to be opened to allow incoming traffic. dynDNS or Static IP addresses have to be used. If you have a lot of sites and you want to monitor them all this is a hassle.
- Not plug and play