If you would like to connect the EKM Push gateway to you wifi network you can us a WiFi Bridge. This connects to the ethernet port on the EKM Push gateway and gives it the ability to connect to your WiFi network. Here is how to set up the Vonets WiFi bridge so it connects to you WiFi network:
- Turn WiFi off in your computer.
- Unplug any internet/network cables from your computer.
- Plug the Vonets WiFi Bridge into your computer using the ethernet (RJ45) plug and also the 12v barrel jack (a splitter is provided so you can split off of the EKM Push power supply). If your computer does does not have an ethernet port then you may need to use and adapter. For some Macbooks you can use a Thunderbolt to ethernet adapter, for example. Do not connect anything else to the WiFi Bridge. Disregard images of the USB connector as you do not need this.
- Open your internet browser on your computer and type in this: http://vonets.cfg. This link will only work if the Wifi Bridge is connected to your computer and the computer is not connected to the internet.
- Enter the default User name and Passwords. Both are: admin
- All available WiFi networks will show up. Select the network that you want to join and click Next.
- At the next window that comes up you will enter your local WiFi password and then click Apply.
- Now you can install this device on anything that has an ethernet jack and it will be able to connect to the internet over your local WiFi network.