The LCD screens of the v.4 and v.5 Omnimeters display a lot of data by default. They cycle through 40 different data values before starting over. This is often more than you will need and it can be time consuming to wait for the data that you actually need. Fortunately, these meters have the ability to be set to display only what you need. To do this you will need to be reading the meter with either an EKM Blink USB Converter or an iSerial. You will also need to be reading the meter with the EKM Dash software.
To Set the LCD Display Values in Your v.4 or v.5 Omnimeter Using EKM Dash:
- From the main window in Dash click the meter you would like to edit in the Meters listbox in the upper left.
- From the main Dash window, click the "Meters" icon in the upper left corner.
- Click "Edit meter..."
- Click the "Advanced" icon at the top of the window.
- Click the check boxes next to the data points that you want your meter to cycle through. This could be one value or a few, whatever you want.
- When you are ready, click the "Set" button.
- It will prompt you the enter the password. The default password is "0"
- It will let you know if changing the setting was successful. If it was, great. If not, try again. It sometimes takes a few tries to complete successfully, especially if you are reading multiple meters with one USB Converter or iSerial.
Our Omnimeter installation video also has a portion where this setting is made.