Encompass automatically enters each pulse input of the v.4 Omnimeters, if they show any pulse counts, as their own independent meters in encompass. By default they will show raw pulse counts and are represented by the heart icon. In order to translate these pulse counts into valuable data, users need to define what each pulse means (X cubic feet, X gallons, etc.). To do this:
- Select the pulse meter you would like to define from the meters column on the left.
- Click the gear button in the purple header.
- Click the "Meter Settings" option.
- In order to define the pulse value you will first need to select if the pulse meter is a water or gas meter.
- If you know the model of water or gas meter you can select it from the drop-down list available. This will automatically enter the pulse value in the text box provided.
- Or you can simply enter the pulse value if you already know it.
- If you would like to view the pulse data in units other than the meter reads in, you can use the bottom drop-down list to select alternate display units.
- You can now rename the meter if you wish.
- Click Save when you are ready.
You can now add additional Widgets to your dashboard in order to view the water or gas meter data in a variety of ways.
Please Note: It is possible to enter a custom pulse value, into the text box provided, instead of choosing a template from the drop down list. However, if you have already chosen a template and are attempting to edit the pulse value, with a custom value, it will not save the value you enter. You will first need to choose the "Other" icon (purple heart) and save. You can then go back into the meter settings modal and enter the custom pulse value. you will also need to select the pulse value units from the drop down lists.