We are proud to introduce an entirely new meter data system with unprecedented capabilities and exceptional ease of use. It is designed to support our Omnimeter line of kWh meters, in order to maximize their capabilities and data readability. All you have to do is plug it in! -- the EKM Push3 gateway handles all of the meter communication and inserts the reads into our cloud database. Your data is then freely available from a known, fixed location in the cloud, by way of your unique access key. The data can be accessed via our Open API for free. Yes, the data is provided for free. There are no recurring fees for the EKM Push3 data!
Version 3 of the EKM Push system includes some new features.
- It is natively WiFi enabled, so it can connect to the internet via either WiFi or ethernet.
- It is able to send settings commands to the meters, so changing things like CT ratios or TOU tariffs is easily done.
- The v.4 and v.5 Omnimeter relays can also be controlled with Push3, so turning things on/off remotely is possible via either the meter UI or the API (docs coming soon).
- Push3 also has on board data storage via a Micro SD card. This allows the gateway to log data as a stand alone device, or as simply a back up when the internet goes down for any reason. Once the internet connection is reestablished, data is uploaded to the cloud.
- Meters are read locally as fast as possible (up to approximately once/second). Data is then pushed to the cloud once/minute by default, for free.
There is nothing like this available on the market; whether you are metering a single cottage or an international electric car charging network, with tens of thousands of metered points, we believe the Push3 will be the backbone of the next generation of metering. It represents an entirely new paradigm for meter data management, and control.
Our intent is to provide our customers with FREE, seamless, and unrestricted access to their data in real time. What we are offering is the most robust and capable hardware set available, with easy and and reliable access to your data.
For each meter that is read by an EKM Push gateway, the Push system provides the latest 1000 reads of real-time data. This is typically the last 1000 minutes of data (once/minute read rate). Beyond that the Push database store a summarized version of that real-time data. It stores 15 minute summaries for 2 years. It stores 1 hour summaries for 4 years. After 4 years, only daily summaries are available and they are only available in UTC time, so the data is no longer timezone adjustable. Daily summaries can also make weekly and monthly summaries but again, those summaries are only available in UTC time after 4 years of storage.
Again, this service is free, with no monthly or annual fees.
Push3 data is supported by all of our software options.
DIN Rail mountable. It is possible to fit this gateway, a DIN rail power supply, and a v.3 or v.4 Omnimeter inside of this Watertight Enclosure, in the horizontal orientation.
For developers who are interested in working with our Open Push API, please check out our Developer Portal.
For additional information about our products and services, we encourage you to visit our online Knowledge Base, which provides spec sheets, videos, tutorials, FAQs, diagrams, and more.
Meter Reading Device Comparison Chart: Meter Reading Device Comparison Chart