Your master EKM Push key provides access to all of the meters and gateways in your Push account. In your online account portal you will also find keys for meters and gateways, which provide read-only data access to at the meter and gateway level, respectively. It is also possible to create sub-account keys, which provide read-only data access to a subset of meters within your Push account. Sub-account keys can be used with our APIs and can also be used to register an Encompass account.
Sub-accounts can be used for giving access to a subset of meters for a tenant, client, building area, etc.
The steps below explain how to create sub account keys within your EKM Push account portal.
- If you have an EKM Push account and have not yet registered, you will need to do so here: https://api.ekmpush.com/account/register.html
If you have already registered your account portal, you can log into your account here: https://api.ekmpush.com/account/login.html
- At the bottom of your the main page of your Account Portal you will see a + icon and "Add sub account." Click on it.
- Name the sub-account and click the 'Save' button.
- Then click on the sub-account name that you just created.
- Click on the 'Add meters' button.
- Select the meter you would like to add to the sub-account. Hold the shift key down to select multiple meters in a row. Hold the command key down to click multiple individual meters.
- Click the 'Save' button when you are done.
- You will see the sub-account key in the upper right of the window.
It can also be found at the bottom of the main account page.