Here are the steps to set up pulse counting:
- From the main window in EKM Dash click the meter you would like to edit in the Meters listbox in the upper left.
- From the main Dash window, click the "Meters" icon in the upper left corner.
- Click "Edit meter..."
- Click the Pulse icon at the top of the new window.
- Select the Pulse Input tab that you would like to set up, at the top of the window.
- You can name the input if you like. e.g. Water Meter 1, or Apartment A Gas, etc.
- If you are using one of our water of gas meter models, you can select that model from the template drop-down list. This will fill in the Pulse Value automatically.
- Alternatively, you can enter the pulse value manually to give each pulse a real value and unit of measurement.
- If you are reading you meter with a USB Converter or iSerial you can adjust the Pulse Input Ratio if you wish. This is the ratio of the number of pulses that the Omnimeter receives (from a water or gas meter for example) vs. the number of pulses that the Omnimeter increments. If you are reading you meter with an EKM Push then you will not be able to adjust this setting as it is internal in the Omnimeter and Push only can communicate one way.
- If you would like to convert the the unit of measurement from what you water or gas meter reads in natively, you can select the unit of measurement from the drop-down list at the bottom of the window. So for example, you can convert from cubic feet to gallons, cubic meters, liters, etc.
- Dash maintains a secondary pulse count register that can be reset at any time. This will not affect the main pulse count register, which cannot be reset. Simply click the "Reset Pulse Count" button to reset the pulse count on this secondary register.
- When you have everything set up the way you want click OK.
Please use the ( i ) buttons to learn more about the individual elements of the Pulse Settings window.
This video also explains how to set up pulse counting: