Here are the steps to create and schedule reports in EKM Dash:
- Open Dash to the main window and click the "Events" icon in the upper right corner. By default the Reports tab is select so you are ready to create a report.
- Click the "+" symbol at the bottom left corner of the window. This creates a blank report template that you can set up.
- Name your report using the provided text box at the top.
- Select the meter that you want to create the report for, from the drop-down list.
- Check the boxes next to the data that you want included in the CSV file that will be included in you report.
- If you would like the report to be sent on a schedule, click the "Set.." button. It might look something like this if you want a report sent on the 1st of each month at 12:00am (Midnight):
- Click OK when you have your schedule set the way you want it.
- If you want to email the report, enter an email address into the text box provided.
- Alternatively, you can save the report to your disk by clicking the "File" tab, and clicking the "Choose.." button to select the folder you want to save the csv file to.
- If you are emailing the report, you can customize the body of the email by clicking the "Advanced..." button after the email address you entered in step 8.
- The text box provided allows you to customize what is included in your email body. Simply delete what you don't want and add any text that you want to include. The values between the %...% will change to represent your actual data. So, for example, if you only wanted to include Total kWh in you report, you would keep the line that reads, "Total Kilowatt Hour: %tkWh%"
- You can also insert custom values for specific time periods, by selecting the value from the drop-down menu on the right and then selecting the time period you want this reported for, from the drop-down menu below that. Be aware that you will only insert the value, so will need to title it appropriately. Also be aware that Dash can only do it's best to give accurate values for these time periods but they may not be accurate if Dash wasn't running at the beginning and end of the time period. For example, if you insert %tkWh:lastmonth% to give you Total kWh for Last Month, but Dash only collected data for the second half of the month, the value it provides will be for the second part of the month because that is all the data it has available. If Dash had run at the beginning of last month, and then again at the end, it would generate an accurate report for the Total kWh usage for the whole month.
- If you have all of the email settings the way you want them, click OK.
- The "Records" feature lets you select which records are added to the CSV file that will be included in your report. The default tab lets you select the latest number of reads to include. The second tab lets you add all record "Since" a specific date. The third tab lets you add all available records "Between" specific start and end dates.
- If you a reading you meter with and EKM Blink or iSerial device you will have the option to "Summarize" your data into a smaller amount of records. This helps prevent the CSV files from growing too large. To summarize your Dash records, select the "Time steps" that you want from the drop down menu. Once you do this you will be able to input the number of steps. What this means is that all of the records within that number of time steps will be summarized into single records in the CSV file. So for example, if you select "Minutes" from the drop down menu and then input "15" into the text box, the records (rows) in the CSV file will be summaries of all of the reads recorded over 15 minute periods. If you want to further limit the number of records inserted into the CSV file you can enter a record limit into the text box provided.
- When you have your report set up the way you want, click "Save"
- If you want to test your report to see if everything is as you expect, click "Run Report"
Use the ( i ) buttons to get more information about he various elements of the Reports window.
Note: In order to receive email reports you must first set up the email service you want to use. To do so, click the "E-Mail" icon at the top of the Event Manager window. You can use the settings there to set up your own SMTP settings or you can use Dashmail, the free email service provided by Dash. Dashmail provides up to 50 email reports per month. In order to use Dashbmail, make sure that the Dashmail box is checked and that you have entered a From Address.