You are more than welcome to email or call us, and if you're in the area you can stop by our office in Santa Cruz, California. We also offer a Live Chat app on our website so you can interact with a support representative in real time (not always available). Ultimately we want to communicate with you in a way that you feel comfortable with. That being said, our preferred method of communication is via email. This is for a few reasons:
- Email allows us to send and receive more technical information that can sometimes get lost in the course of a phone conversation. It also allows us to include links to the appropriate webpages or downloads.
- Email is faster. As a small company, we have limited customer support resources. We respond to inquiries on a first-come-first-served basis and make every effort to do so as fast as we can, while making sure to be attentive to each person. Phone conversations typically take 3–4x longer than email correspondence so they tend to delay things. We want to get you the information you need as fast as possible and email has proven to be the best way to do that.
- The Contact Us form on our website prompts visitors to include some information about their metering needs, which helps educate us as to what type of system you're trying to meter and what your needs are. This usually shortens the amount of time that is necessary to get you the information that you need to make an informed decision.
- If you're contacting us with questions about your installation or software setup, you can email us photos or screenshots related to your question, which is super helpful. Photos usually allow us to diagnose any issues much faster than if we only have written or verbal descriptions of issues.
- Email also provides a written record of correspondence, which is helpful if you contact us again in the future. We might not remember all of the details about your system, so being able to look back at previous emails prevents us from needing to repeat the same questions.