How to Set Up a Triggered Event (v1.8.3 and up)
Modified on: Fri, 13 Aug, 2021 at 3:41 PM
Trigger events are set up to perform an action when one or more data parameters are satisfied This is how to set up a triggered event:
- Open EKM Dash to the main window and click the "Events" icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the "Triggers" tab at the top of the window.
- Click the "+" symbol at the bottom left corner of the window. This creates a blank Trigger template that you can set up.
- Name your trigger using the provided text box at the top.
- Select the meter that you want to create the report for, from the drop-down list.
- Use the Schedule "Set..." button to schedule the times that you would like the trigger to run. By default it is set to run every hour of every day.
- Click OK when you have your schedule set the way you want it.
- Click "Add Rule" to add a parameter that will trigger the action.
- Use the drop-down list to pick the data point and trigger level.
- Use the middle drop-down list to define the point where the rule will be satisfied
- Use the text box to input the data point value that will trigger the action.
- If you want to add another rule that will trigger the action the you can repeat the steps.
- If you have multiple rules you can set the trigger to be activated by any of the rules or require that all of the rules are met in order for the trigger to happen. Use the "Match" drop-down list to select the option that you want.
- Use the "Period" text box to indicate the number of reads in a row that the trigger rule(s) needs to be met in order for the trigger to happen.
- Next set up the action that will occur when the trigger is fired. All meters can have an email or text message sent in the event of a trigger firing. If you are reading your v.4 Omnimeter with an EKM Blink or iSerial device you can also have the trigger open or close the meters relay(s). Multiple actions can be set up for each trigger.
- Use the drop-down list at the bottom of the window to choose if and when you want the trigger to be reactivated.
- Additionally, use the next drop-down list below to select when, according to the data, the trigger will be eligible to restart. Click the ( i ) button to see a clearer definition for each of the available options.
- If you want to test your trigger to see if everything is as you expect, click "Run Report"
One common trigger that users want to set up is an alert when a certain amount of usage (kWh, water, or gas) is recorded in a certain period of time. Here is an example of how this might be done:
In this case the trigger action will fire if more that 50 gallons of water (67 pulses = ~6.7 cubic feet = 50 gallons) are used in any 60 minute period (60 reads at once/minute read rate).
Be sure to make use of the ( i ) buttons if you have any questions related to elements in the Triggers window.
In order for the EKM Dash to gather the data and to fire the triggers 24/7, you have to have the Dash running 24/7 for this to work.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.