The Switch120 is a remote controllable switch that is designed to turn on/off a 120 volt load. Our Omnimeter Pulse v.4 and Omnimeter HV v.5 both have two controllable outputs that can be used to control the Switch120.
Here is how to set up the Switch120 and control it with our system:
- The Switch120 is controlled by the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 or Omnimeter HV v.5. The Omnimeter must be powered by at least 110 VAC.
- The Switch120 connects to the Omnimeter with a 2 wire connection. We recommend using a twisted pair found inside CAT5 Cable.
- Connect one wire from port 18 or 19 on the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 or v.5, to port 1 on the Switch120.
- Connect the second wire from port 17 on the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 or v.5, to port 2 on the Switch120.
- You now must connect the Omnimeter to a computer via an EKM Blink USB Converter or an iSerial (discontinued). This is also a 2 wire connection and we again recommend using a twisted pair from inside CAT5 cable. For this tutorial we are going to assume the use of an EKM Blink.
- Connect one wire from port 20 (A) on the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 or v.5, to the A port on the EKM Blink.
- Connect one wire from port 21 (B) on the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 or v.5, to the B port on the EKM Blink.
- Plug the EKM Blink into your computer's USB port.
- Open the EKM Dash software and add the Omnimeter Pulse v.4 or the Omnimeter HV v.5 into the Dash user interface.
- Select the meter that you just added in the list box on the left.
- Click the "Meters" icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Click "Edit Meter".
- Click the "Control" icon.
- You now have two options for which output you can control. If you connected your first control wire to port 19 then you will be using Relay 1. If you connected your first control wire to port 18 then you will be using Relay 2.
- You can now turn you Switch120 on/off by clicking the "Set" button for the appropriate relay. You can also set the duration that you want the relay to be on or off after you click the "Set" button.
- In order to control a real load you must plug the male end of the Switch120 into a 120v wall outlet and connect an appliance to the female end.
- Now flipping the relay in the Dash interface should turn your appliance on and off.