Our v.4 and v.5 Omnimeters now come with a default pulse input ratio of 1:1 but some early models came with a 1000:1 ratio. This meant that the Omnimeter would need to count 1000 pulses in order to increment 1. So for example, The Omnimeter would need to count 1000 pulses from our gas meter, which equates to 1000 cubic feet, before it would register 1 pulse on its LCD display or in its data. Understandably, this proved to be confusing for some people, which is why we switch to a default 1:1 ratio.
The good news is that the input ratios can be adjusted using our EKM Dash software when reading the Omnimeters with our EKM Blink or iSerial Converter (discontinued). There are three pulse input ratios, one for each pulse input. Here is how you change the pulse input ratio:
- From the main window in Dash click the meter you would like to edit in the Meters listbox in the upper left.
- Click the "Meters" icon in the upper left corner.
- Click "Edit meter..."
- Click the "Pulse" icon (heart) at the top of the window.
- Select the pulse input you would like to change by clicking the appropriate tab at the top of the window
- Enter the ratio you want into the text box in the middle of the window.
- When you are ready, click the "Set Now" button.
- It will prompt you the enter a password. The default password is "0"
If the ratio changes successfully you will get a message saying so. Likewise, if it is not successful you will be notified. Just keep trying until it is successful.