You can schedule reports to be emailed to your inbox automatically, every day and/or every month. They can also be generated manually at any time. Reports can include links to download a PDF report of your usage, and/or a link to download a CSV file, so you can view your data in a spreadsheet. Report links are emailed to your inbox and typically take few minutes to arrive, when you generate them by clicking the "Send Report" button in the report settings modal. Scheduled reports send at ~1AM in the morning (according to your timezone), following the day or month period that the report is for, so it should be in your inbox when you wake up in the morning.
If you would like to have the cost of the energy, water, and/or gas included on the reports, you will need to set the cost per unit in the Dashboard Settings first: https://help.ekmmetering.com/support/solutions/articles/6000235238-dashboard-settings
To set up and/or send reports:
- Select the meter or group you want to generate a report for in the left column of your Encompass account.
- Click the Reports button on the right side of the dashboard header (the yellow header in the example below).
- Click on the "Report Settings" option.
- If you would like to receive daily or monthly reports automatically check the boxes next to one or both of those options in the report settings modal. By default the reports include a PDF and CSV report but you can choose to uncheck one of those boxes if you wish.
*Please Note: If you schedule reports you will need to log in to your Encompass account once per year (before 10/16/2023 this was once per 180 days) in order for the scheduled reports to continue. If you do not log in once per year the bills will stop sending automatically. To start them again you would need to log in to your account and check the boxes to schedule them and then click the save button.
- Click the Save button when you have your scheduled reports set up how you want.
- You can also simply click the "Send Report" button to send a report right away. The report will be emailed to you once it finishes being generated by the reporting system.
- The "Custom Reports" option allows you to pick the beginning and end dates for your report. Simply click on the calendar icons to pick these dates and then click the "Send Report" button to generate the custom report.
The report will be sent to your email address so check your inbox for the report email. If it doesn't arrive within 30 minutes (maximum), check your spam folder to see if it was routed there erroneously.
To view all of your scheduled reports, click on you user name in the top right corder of the browser window and choose "Scheduled Reports" from the drop down list. All you reports will then be displayed in a list. You can click on the arrow icon next to a specific report to go to that meter or group.
Modify Billing Settings in your reports.
When reports are generated you will be emailed links to download the report PDF and/or CSV. You can also find the latest links within the app, in Report History. The last 5 reports, of each type (daily, monthly, custom) will be available to download.