The Push3 gateway supports both ethernet and Wifi connectivity. The Push3 has TI WiLink 8 2.4GHz wireless module, which supports MIMO 802.11 b/g WiFi.
In order to set up the WiFi connection, there are the required components:
- Push3 gateway
- 12V power supply (included with the Push3)
- Paper clip
- WiFi network
Here are the steps required to connect the Push3 to your WiFi network:
- Connect the Push3 gateway to its 12V power supply. Wait until all three outward facing LEDs go red. This takes about three minutes.
- Use your paper clip to press the pin hole button on the side of the Push3 gateway. Press the button for 5 seconds, until the powered LED begins to blink orange/green rapidly. Do not press the button for more than 10 seconds.
- On your computer, turn on WiFi.
- Enter "ekmpush3" as the WiFi network that you want to join.
- On a Mac this is done by clicking on the WiFi icon in the menu and then selecting "Join Other Network..." from the drop down menu and then entering the name there. No security is required.
- In Windows 10 this is done by clicking on the network icon in the task bar and turning on Wifi. The select the option to "Manage known networks." Then add "ekmpush3" as a new network and connect the computer to that network.
- In an internet browser, enter 10.0.0.1 into the address bar. This will connect you to the Push gateway.
- Click the Login button. The User is admin and there is no password required.
- In the left column, select Wireless in the settings category.
- Click the check box to "Enable the wireless connection."
- Enter the Network SSID (your WiFi network name) and your WiFi password, into the appropriate text boxes.
- Click the Apply button when you are ready.
The Push3 gateway will now reboot, which takes a few minutes, and will then automatically connect to your WiFi network. If it is connected to its assigned meter(s) it will begin to read them and push their data to the cloud. If it is not connected to its assigned meter(s), empty reads will be entered into the Push database. As soon as the Push gateway is connected to its assigned meter(s) it will will begin to read the meter(s) and send their data to the cloud.